I’m in a list sort of mood, so it’s going to be a list type of blog today. Here are happy things making today awesome:
- Hot baths with sea salts & essential oils – nothing a good soak can’t cure, right?
- Naps – with a baby nestled under my arm. Pure deliciousness.
- Coffee – hot, strong, fresh (or at least just one day old)
- Blueberry kombucha – served in a stemless wine glass. I would just drink good old red wine, but Josh claims he read something about the length of time I’m supposed to wait between drinking wine and breastfeeding the kids and, frankly, it’s far too much time. I asked him where he read that, and he said something about a website called “drinkingwhilebreastfeeding.com.” I’m calling bullshit on that one, but I’m too lazy to look it up, so for now I’ll just drink my kombucha in a wine glass.
- Oscar’s symphony of grunts and moans – this kid is a vocal machine! He’s making noise all day long, and it’s the softest little string of coos and croaks – completely out of tune and old-man-ornery sounding – but it’s strangely soothing.
- A best friend who will drop in for lunch with bags of clothes for my boys and for me, in addition to throwing in breast milk storage bags, an extra power cord for the pump, and chocolate-covered acai berries – but, more importantly, will discuss whether or not you pronounce the “c” in acai as a hard “c” or a soft “c,” and then decide it doesn’t matter, while you drink coffee and eat warm, buttered toast.